The latest Robinson Services Awards for July, August and September 2021 took place recently. The Robinson Services awards go to players in the senior leagues who score a century, take at least
six wickets or perform a hat trick.
The presentations covered from the 18th July to the end of the season.
The awards were presented by David Robinson, Managing Director of Senior League sponsors Robinson Services, and the President of the NCU, Roger Bell.
1. Woodvale professional Ruhan Pretorius receives three Robinson Services awards for a blistering end of the season batting performance. The South African born all rounder hit three centuries in the final six Premier League games, one of them a remarkable 141 in a match reduced to just 20 overs.
2. Carrickfergus’s Graeme McCarter receives his award for a century against Lisburn. He also collected an award for teammate Jeremy Lawlor who scored a century against champions Waringstown.
3. Waringstown captain Lee Nelson picked up two awards for centuries against CIYMS and Carrickfergus which helped the club to this year’s NCU Premiership. Nelson also collected awards for teammates Andrew Malan for his century against CIYMS and Graeme Hume who took a hat trick against CIYMS.
4. Drumaness Superkings’ Neil Gelston receives his award for his hat trick against Donaghadee.
5. Ben and Ross Adair each won an award in the same game against CIYMS with Ben taking 6-28 and Ross hitting an undefeated 143. They also collected an award for teammate Luke Georgeson for his 115 not out against Carrickfergus.
6. Cregagh’s Jay Hunter with his award for scoring exactly 100 against Donacloney Mill.
7. Three North Down players received awards: from left Alaistair Shields, Anniruddha Chore and Carl Robinson. Shields and Chore each scored Premier League centuries against CSNI and Lisburn respectively and Robinson took 6-30 against Carrickfergus.
Photos Courtesy David McCormick-Pacemaker Press