Robinson Services Senior League Awards – April and May 2019
|Robin Walsh / PressEye|
The latest Robinson Services Awards for April and May 2019 took place recently. The Robinson Services awards go to players in the senior leagues who score a century, take at least six wickets or perform a hat trick.
The awards were presented by David Robinson, Managing Director of Senior League sponsors Robinson Services, and the President of the NCU, Richard Johnson.
- Monaghan cricketer Manjot Singh Sandhu receives one of the top Northern Union’s players’ awards for a brilliant bowling performance earlier this month. He took 6 for 32 to bowl his side to a 45-run victory over Belfast SuperKings.
- High scoring local cricketers Greg Thompson of Waringstown and Avadhoot Dandekar of Donacloney Mill pick up top players’ awards for a succession of big-league centuries. Thompson picked up two for centuries on successive days last month (149 not out v Instonians and 153 against CSNI in a game which saw team mate James McCollum score 140). Dandekar hit 133 against Woodvale.
- Top cricket awards have been presented to the Lisburn and Derriaghy clubs. Faiz Fazal received his player’s award for his century against Muckamore last month and Derriaghy President Graham Kenny picked up a bowling award for Craig Lewis who took 6 for 16 against Holywood.
- Three players from local clubs have won top awards for individual performances. Ruhan Pretorius of North Down (second left) scored 107 against CIYMS; Donaghadee’s Harry Walton did the honours for son Chris who won TWO awards against Dunmurry with brilliant figures of 6 for 6 that included a hat trick; and David Kennedy of Holywood returned the remarkable haul of 8 for 29 against Armagh.
- Cliftonville Academy’s Brian Anderson (second left) and Carrick’s Jacques Snyman pick up top NCU players’ awards – one with the ball, the other with the bat. Anderson’s 6 for 23 paved the way for his side’s overwhelming defeat of Monaghan and Snyman’s 124 saw Carrick to victory over Instonians.
- Templepatrick cricketer Ari Smith receives one of the top NCU players’ awards for a century that helped his side to victory over Bangor earlier this month. His 117 took Templepatrick over the 300 mark and a winning margin of 68 runs.
- Ballymena cricketer Owen Dick receives one of the top NCU players’ awards for a match winning bowling performance against Donacloney Mill last month. His 6 for 33 saw his side to a comfortable 156 run victory.
- Laurelvale cricketer Lee Edgar picks up yet another NCU player’s award and makes it a family affair with son Cori-Lee and daughter Autumn. Edgar has been a prolific award winner and his hat trick against BISC earlier this month has taken his tally to eight awards in recent years.
Photos Courtesy Presseye