NCU Under 11 Head Coach Andy McCrea said ‘The NCU is delighted to announce the players that we have selected to represent the NCU in the 2019 summer programme. We congratulate them on their selection and wish them every success throughout the season ahead. However, we must also congratulate the other young cricketers who attended the training sessions with enthusiasm, and displayed their skills on a consistent basis.
NCU Under 11 Squad
- Austin Adair
- Luka Bates
- Marko Bates
- Luke Crothers
- Frank Hollway
- Aadi Maini
- Ethan McCalmont
- Robbie McCollum
- Alexander McMeekin
- James Nelson
- Jack Smyth
- James West
- Sebastian Yeates
We are mindful that young sports people develop at different ages, and look forward to following everyone’s development at school, club, and Inter-Provincial level as this season and the coming seasons unfold.
The NCU is grateful to all of the Under 11 cricketers for their commitment to the cricket sessions, and their willingness and desire to improve, and doing so in an enjoyable fashion.
We are also grateful to the commitment invested by the parents of the cricketers’ and the coaches who have given of their time to help to develop skills’.
Under 11 Fixtures
- Monday 1st July: North West Cricket Union (Bready Cricket Club)
- Thursday 4th July: North West Cricket Union (Stormont)
Wednesday 17th to Saturday 20th July: Tour to Newquay, Cornwall
- Wednesday 17th July: Cornwall Under 11 at St Erme Cricket Club
- Thursday 18th July: Cornwall Under 11 at Perranporth Cricket Club
- Friday 19th July: Cornwall Under 12 at Perranporth Cricket Club
- Monday 12th August: Cricket Leinster (Ring Commons Cricket Club)
- Tuesday 13th August: Cricket Leinster (Stormont)
- Thursday 15th August: Cricket Leinster (Ring Commons Cricket Club)
- Friday 16th August: Cricket Leinster (Stormont)
Uel Graham, NCU Cricket Operations and Administration Manager said, ‘the NCU Under 11’s have played at the prestigious West Cricket Festival in Taunton for the past two years. This was a ‘three match’ festival which for 2019 has become a ‘five match’ festival over five consecutive days.
Through strong contacts developed with Cornwall Cricket Board and Malcolm Broad MBE, the NCU are delighted to tour Newquay and play three games against our Cornish counterparts at Under 11 and Under 12 age grade.
This is yet another great opportunity for our young cricketers to experience travelling, touring and playing together, which augurs well for their all round development’.