The Northern Cricket Union (NCU) has announced an Under 17 Squad, sponsored by PwC, to play against a South African Touring Academy, and in the Cricket Ireland Under 17 Inter-Provincial Championship (30th June, and 7th to 11th July).
The NCU region is hosting the Inter-Provincial Championship, with fixtures at Lisburn, Holywood and Bangor Cricket Clubs, and Campbell College School, Belfast.
NCU Under 17 Squad
- Archie Johnston (Captain & Wicket keeper)
- Luke Allison
- Michael Glass
- Andrew Greer
- Ethan Hanna
- Matthew Humphreys
- James Lambert
- Reece Malone
- Sam McLarnon
- Hugh Minford
- Adam Simmonite
- Michael Waite
- Ewan Wilson
Andrew Cowden, Lead Coach of NCU Under 17’s said, ‘Firstly I would like to thank all the players in our Performance and Development squads for all of their hard work and commitment over the last eight months, and congratulate the thirteen players who have been selected to represent our Union in the Under 17 Inter-Provincial, 50 overs and T20 Cricket Ireland Championships.
It is unfortunate that we have had a couple of players unavailable due to holidays and a clash with an Ireland Under 19 training camp. However James Cameron-Dow and myself are excited to see how this group of players rise to the challenge and perform during the series. As current holders, we are looking forward to the challenge of trying to retain the trophy for the NCU.’
NCU Under 17 Fixtures
- Tuesday 25th June: South African Touring Academy (Stormont) 12 noon (30 overs) Red Ball/Whites
Cricket Ireland Inter-Provincial Championships
- Sunday 30th June: North West in the Cricket Ireland Inter Provincial series (Lisburn CC) 12 noon (50 overs)
In NCU Region
- Sunday 7th July: Cricket Leinster (Holywood CC) 12 noon (50 overs)
- Monday 8th July: Munster (Bangor CC) 11am (50 overs)
- Tuesday 9th July: Cricket Leinster (Holywood CC) 10am (20 overs)
- Tuesday 9th July: North West (Campbell College) 2.30pm (20 overs)
- Wednesday 10th July: REST DAY
- Thursday 11th July: Munster (Campbell College) 10am (20 overs) followed by Tournament close at Campbell College.
Ireland play Zimbabwe, at Sormont, in the first International T20, on the rest day, Wednesday 10th July.