Holders Limavady Grammar School are through to the quarter finals of the Ulster Bank Ulster Schools Cup and will now play Regent House for a place in the last four later in the week.
Foyle College and Down High School are already in the semi-finals and will be joined by either Strabane Academy or RBAI who play their quarter final tomorrow (Wednesday).
Limavady Grammar’s much delayed second round tie against Sullivan Upper ended in an overwhelming 8-wicket win at Eglinton today (Tuesday). Mark Adair top scored with 23 and J W Millar took 4-15 as Sullivan tumbled to 88 all out.
Limavady knocked off the required runs for the loss of only two wickets in just 12.3 overs with the help of no fewer than 35 wides which proved the top scorer of the innings. J W Millar again starred for Limavady with an undefeated 32.
Down High School were the first team to reach the semi-finals with a convincing 52 run win over Grosvenor Grammar School and were followed by Foyle with an exhilarating one run win over Campbell College. Foyle had posted 200 for 6 off 35 overs and Campbell fell just one short at 199 all out with two balls remaining. Patrick Park almost took the Belfast side to victory with 92 but it was Gareth Connor who sealed the win for Foyle with the excellent bowling figures of 5 for 18.
The Second Round draw and results so far are:
- Ballyclare HS 101 (M Darling 45, M Stevenson 20, J. Cahoun 3-7, L Kerr 2-13), Strabane Academy 103-1 (A Hayward 39, L Kerr 32no),
Strabane Academy won by 9 wickets
- Royal School Armagh 81, Grosvenor GS 82-2, Grosvenor GS won by 8 wickets
- Wallace HS 55 (R Wightman 4-9, P Telford 3-28, C Lennox 2-10), Campbell College 56-2 (P Park 32no), Campbell College won by 8 wickets
- RBAI 108 (B Mellor 25, R. Bryans 4-16, M Wilson 3-23), BRA 72 (R Hughes 4-15, A Knape 3-16), RBAI won by 36 runs
- Sullivan Upper 88 (M Adair 23, J W Millar 4-15, S Kennedy 2-12, R Allen 2-13, Limavady GS 92-2 (JW Millar 32no), Limavady GS won by 8 wickets
- Foyle College 225-5 (A Austin 90, M Rankin 50, Y Songra 3-52), Methodist College 159-7 (J McCollum 50, R Long 3-32, G Connor 2-28),
Foyle College won by 66 runs
- Lurgan College 145 (J Hunter 32, S Harrison 32, B Quinn 3-29), Regent House 146-8 (G. Anderson 32, R. Johnston 24no, J Hunter 3-34),
Regent House won by 2 wickets
- Down High School beat Friends School by 9 wickets
The Quarter Final draw is:
- Down HS 144 (R Gill 63, A Skelton 2-14), Grosvenor GS 93 (S Nelson 25, C Mason 4-5), Down HS won by 51 runs
- Foyle College 200 for 6 (A Austin 39, M Rankin 38, H Campbell 28no), Campbell College 199 (P Park 92, G Connor 5-18), Foyle won by 1 run
- Strabane Academy v RBAI
- Limavady GS v Regent House