The Union's Management Board has adopted the policy below in relation to the postponement of matches when players are selected for International/Inter-Provincial matches.
- The Union will endeavour not to arrange Challenge Cup rounds including reserve dates and Premier League fixtures on dates where it is known in advance that Cricket Ireland (CI) intend playing Senior Internationals including Ireland A matches or inter-provincial matches.
- After the dates for Challenge Cup rounds including reserve dates have been published and CI subsequently arrange a Senior International including Ireland A matches and interprovincial matches for such a date a club may postpone their fixture (including rearranged fixture) if they have a player(s) selected.
- After the dates for Premier League fixtures have been published and CI subsequently arrange a Senior International including Ireland A matches for such a date a club may only postpone a match if they have three or more starred players selected.
- Where a rearranged fixture on the forth Sunday clashes with an international or inter-provincial fixture the rearranged fixture will move to the next available Sunday.
- Where CI arrange a Senior International or inter-provincial fixture in the NCU area after the Challenge Cup and Premier League fixtures have been published the Union's Management Board may at its discretion declare the date a 'closed date' and make alternative arrangements for fixtures scheduled.
- This policy will also apply where appropriate to 1st XIs playing in the Junior Cup and to clubs playing league fixtures in Senior Leagues 1, 2 and 3.
- This policy will not apply to International and interprovincial fixtures at age-group level.
The policy will apply from the commencement of the 2013 season.