Cricket Ireland have organised another Summer Camp for 22 of Ireland's best young players who will be heading up to Bready from July 22-24 for three days of practice sessions and matches.
This is on the back of a successful Cricket Ireland Under 13 Development Squad Summer Camp in 2012, which was arranged as a result of the Interprovincial Series being completely washed-out.
The squad has been selected as a result of a successful Winter Training Programme in the respective unions and the player's performances during the 2013 Under 13 Interprovincial Series in the North West Cricket Union earlier this month.
Coach Michael Hingston outlined just what the camp will comprise : "Over the three days the boys will be put through their paces with scenario-based practice sessions on the first day, followed by a 40 over match on the second day, and finishing with a T20 match on the final day.
"It is hoped that the camp will really test the players all-round skills and abilities. We hope that these players will gain experience and confidence from being part of a Cricket Ireland under-age Squad, meet new people and develop friendships, enjoy their first step on the Cricket Ireland player pathway and develop a hunger to achieve more success.
"The coaching team consists of myself, Brian Allen and Andrew Poynter. We are all looking forward to working with the lads for the three days and providing some positive feedback to the Cricket Ireland Elite Coaches and Performance Team. We wish all the participants the best of luck and hope they enjoy the experience of the camp."
The 22 players involved are as follows:
- Harry Tector (LCU) YMCA
- Max Neville (LCU) Merrion
- Ian Anders (LCU) Phoenix
- Josh Little (LCU) Pembroke
- JJ Garth (LCU) Pembroke
- Aaron O'Neill (LCU) Terenure
- Matthew O'Meara (LCU) North Kildare
- Stephen Keane (LCU) YMCA
- Neil Rock (LCU) Rush
- Aaron Cawley (MCU) Thurles CC
- Seanan Jones (MCU) Cork Harlequins
- James McClean (NCU) Ballymena
- John Glass (NCU) Ballymena
- Jack Carson (NCU) Waringstown
- Callum Gibson (NCU) Lurgan
- James Metcalfe (NCU) Instonians
- Varun Chopra (NWCU) Coleraine
- James Colhoun (NWCU) Bready
- Trent McKeegan (NWCU) Bready
- Jack Macbeth (NWCU) St Johnston
- Marc McCloskey (NWCU) Bready
- Jacob Logan-Wilson (NWCU) Ballyspallen and Drummond